Monday, October 29, 2012

The Experience of Eating: Intro

We all need to eat to survive.  But as foodies, we are constantly on the hunt for new tastes and food combinations to satisfy our cravings.  What really puts the icing on the cake though, are the experiences we have finding, making, and eating those delectable items.

The theme of this blog revolves around the idea that eating is all about the experience.  It is an experience composed of where the food came from, the people the meal was shared with, and the creativity behind the choices and balance of flavors.  It is also an experience of the culture behind the food and of course how the food was prepared.  In order to inspire others, I want to share my best and favorite experiences and the recipes that go with them.


And now a little bit about yours truly…

 



I am 27 years young and just recently moved to New York City to start a new job (the reason I told my old boss) and to explore the amazing and unlimited cuisine culture (now we're talking!).  Before coming to the Big Apple, I spent several years in the heart of Atlanta, GA, learning the ways of the American South while growing my love for cooking and appreciation for food.  In the process, I also developed a personal interest in supporting locally sourced food and gluten-free cooking, which are both highlighted throughout my blog.

I want to thank the supporters of my foodie habit, including friends, family, coworkers, and strangers who share the same love for food as I do.  I hope you all enjoy and create your own experiences from these recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment